Embellish Soft Cutaway
Sheer Non-Directional Cutaway Stabilizer
Embellish® Soft Cutaway is a premium nylon cutaway stabilizer and is made from 70% recycled fibers, making it environmentally friendly. In-the-hoop quilting projects provide a common use for Embellish® Soft Cutaway when used in combination with Embellish® Angel Loft Bamboo batting or Embellish® Premium Fusible Batting. Another use for this soft nylon cutaway stabilizer is to transform solid embroidery designs into free-standing designs, where the stabilizer melts away clean, when used with the RNK® Heat Craft Tool. Embellish® Soft Cutaway is sheer and directional; created with a unique embossed pattern for added support. Premium nylon fibers are superior to polyester, because nylon is super-structured and resists stretching. It is also available in a fusible version. Be sure to check out the Embellish® Fusible Soft Cutaway page for details.
Made in America. Nylon (not polyester) mesh cutaway created from 70% recycled fibers. 2.0 oz.
Holds up to 10,000 embroidery stitches in a 4” x 4” hoop.
- For “in-the-hoop” quilting:
- Place one piece of Embellish® Soft Cutaway in the embroidery frame.
- Baste one or two layers of Embellish® Angel Loft Bamboo to the hooped stabilizer.
- Begin building the embroidered quilt design.
- Another fun technique for in the hoop quilting is to fuse Embellish® Premium Fusible Batting to the wrong side of cotton quilting fabric. Place a piece of Embellish® Soft Cutaway underneath the quilt sandwich and hoop all the layers, making sure everything is “taut”, in the hoop.
- For free-standing embroidery:
- Place two layers of Embellish® Soft Cutaway in the hoop, with one at a 45-degree angle. Tighten the hoop, making sure the stabilizer is “tight as a drum.”
- Embroider the design directly onto the stabilizer.
- For in-the-hoop quilting, the cutaway is soft and does not need to be removed.
- For free-standing embroidery, keep the design in the hoop. Screw on the curved or pointed tip to the end of the RNK® Heat Craft Tool. Plug in the tool and allow it to heat up for a few minutes. With the design still in the hoop, quickly run the hot tip of the tool around the perimeter of the design, to melt away the nylon stabilizer. Topstitch to your material or project desired.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content.
(posted on 09/28,2019 20:47:04)
Great to use in combination with the fusible soft cutaway as a second layer (or floater) that you don't have to hoop. Adds additional stitch cont ability for more dense designs..