Embellish Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway
Light Tearaway Stabilizer
featuring Partially Water-Soluble Fibers
Embellish® Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway is a temporary fusible, light tearaway stabilizer made using a unique "Non-Woven" technique. It is made with a combination of 50% soft tearaway fibers and 50% water-soluble fibers, making it very easy to remove from delicate embroidery, satin or decorative stitching. Use with light to medium, open airy embroidery designs on fabrics such as: cotton, linen, batiste, kitchen flour sack towels, rayon, and silk. Use the non-fusible version, Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway, as additional support, if needed, by floating a piece under the embroidery hoop when the design stitch count is more than 10,000 stitches in a 4”x 4” hoop. Because of the unique 50/50 fiber combination, this stabilizer leaves a very soft-hand when laundered, because half of the fibers wash-away.
These embroidered jeans were made with the Roses & Arrows Embroidery & SVG Collection & the Embellish™ Rinse Away Clear Topper
Made in America. Constructed of 50% soft tearaway fibers and 50% water-soluble fibers with a light temporary,
fusible coating. 1.8 oz.
Holds up to 10,000 embroidery stitches in a 4”x4” hoop.
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer to the back of the material. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer perimeter of the hoop to ensure proper stabilization.
*Important – Use a low temp (Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to Embellish® Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (natural fibers such as muslin or cotton). All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your iron’s temperature, until you achieve a good bond, between the fabric and stabilizer and ensure the stabilizer can be torn away easily. If it won’t release easilywhen torn away, the iron temperature is too high.
- Hoop the material along with the fused stabilizer, making sure the material and stabilizer are taut.
- If the design has more than 10,000 stitches in a 4”x 4” hoop, “float” a piece of non-fusible Embellish® Dissolvable Tearaway under the hoop for added support.
- Add an embroidery topper on top of the hooped item (either Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper or Embellish® Iron-Away Clear Topper).
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the material from the hoop. Remove the topper, following the topper product sheet, found in this workbook.
- Hold your fingers over the bobbin thread and tear away as much of the stabilizer as possible, starting with the “floater.”
- If the iron temperature was too hot during the fusing process of the Embellish® Fusible Dissolvable Tearaway, it might be necessary to re-heat the stabilizer, using a Silk Setting, for it to release from the material.
- *Optional Method for Delicate Embroidery or Stitching - Wet around the edge of the design using a Q-Tip, sponge, foam paint brush or envelope sealer. Wait about 5 seconds to allow the water to activate the water-soluble portion of the stabilizer. Or, lay a damp cloth on the back side, until fibers start to dissolve. This method is perfect for a project that you are not going to launder.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content. Stabilizer remnants will continue to wash out
in the laundry with a mild detergent and agitation.
(posted on 09/28,2019 20:23:15)
The ability tofus it and then wash it away is definitely an advantage to use on those projects you don't want the tearaway to eliminate your stretch.... but you need the stability to create the design with. This is amazing stuff!!